SANDY LAPP, of INVERNESS, FLORIDA—Congratulations!
As you all hopefully know by now, to help consumers jump start their debt repayment plans, I partnered with credit reporting agency Equifax (NYSE: EFX) to create the Debt Free Challenge. Our goal was to inspire one million people to pledge to pay down $1 billion of debt – and be entered to win $10,000 to put towards their debt reduction goal!
Finally, I am happy to announce that the winner of the debt busting $10,000 is Sandy Lapp and her family from Inverness, Florida. Hear Sandy’s thoughts on winning and find out what she is doing with her newfound money!
David: Can you start by telling me a little about yourself…
Sandy: I am a 31 year old mom of four, Anthony is 9, Samantha is 7, Benjamin is 6, and Caleb is 3. I have been married for 12 years to my husband Tim and we live in a small town in Florida.
David: Wow, you sound busy! So, how does it feel to win $10,000 from Equifax’s Debt Free Challenge?
Sandy: It feels absolutely amazing to be the winner of the $10,000 from Equifax’s Debt Free Challenge! I got an email with the news and immediately called Tim to tell him!
David: Tell me how you felt when you found out you won the $10,000?
Sandy: We were both in shock and extremely excited. I had seen an ad for the challenge online a few weeks before the sweepstakes ended and entered, not really thinking we would win, but hoping. My husband makes right at $30K a year working in the construction industry and with our large family, we tend to live paycheck to paycheck.
David: How has this $10,000 prize affected your life so far? Has it let you do things that you never thought were possible before?
Sandy: When we received the $10,000 prize, we chose to pay off most of our debt, including our car payment. We put $2500 of it into a savings account and we were able to take our family on a vacation without worrying about how much money we had in the bank. This money has given us the sense of relief that we don’t have so much debt hanging over our heads and has helped us start a savings account.
David: Is there anything else you would like to add?
Sandy: We are extremely grateful to you and to Equifax for running the Debt Free Challenge and appreciate the chance it gave our family to pay down our debt and be more financially secure. Thank you so very much!
If you want help paying down your debt, systematically and automatically saving you time and money in the process make sure to begin your FREE 30 day trial of Debt Wise – a revolutionary online debt reduction tool!
Also, I recommend you pick up a copy of my latest New York Times Bestseller, Debt Free For Life. In it you will learn new ideas and tools that will help you become smarter with your money and your debt. You will discover:
- In what order to pay your debt down, so you can pay it off faster
- A simple legal right you have to walk away from the old debt
- How to cut years off your debt repayments—and save thousands of dollars
- How to find out what your credit score is—and how to protect and improve it—fast!
- A 9 step way to pay down that student loan and sleep well again at night
- The truth and hype about debt settlement, and whether it is right for you
- How to lower your interest rates and pay down your credit cards—in record time
- How to get free “nonprofit” credit counseling services to guide you out of debt
- Where to go to find hundreds, even thousands of dollars in free money in less than an hour
- An exciting new Debt Wise program that works automatically to help you get out of debt
Congratulations again to Sandy on winning the debt-busting $10,000 from the Debt Free Challenge!
Live Rich and Happy,