- Check the closet before shopping and make a list so you don’t duplicate what you already have
- Take advantage of tax free shopping: go to www.taxadmin.org and find out if your state has a “Tax Holiday” on back-to-school shopping
- Take advantage of retailer’s special coupons
- Sign up for store’s email list
- Check out retailer’s Twitter feed for coupons and deals
- Use your smart phone to comparison shop for school clothes in seconds
- Get your kid’s involved and figure out what your kids have to have and what they want to have. Make a list create a budget and then don’t stray from the plan when it comes time to hit the stores!