This week on Today.com, I helped a Facebook fan with her question on how to save on groceries. Check out my 6 tips for saving money at the grocery store and watch the video above.
Our Facebook friend Michelle asks: How do you save the most money on groceries when you live in a small town and only one grocery store? The next town with more grocery stores is about a half an hour away.
1) Organize a trip and carpool to the grocery store(s) that are a half an hour away with friends in your area – make sure you go to the best place, with the best prices.
2) Look into “big box” locations like, Costco, Wal-Mart or Kmart to see what prices they have available.
3) Shop Online for foods and other household goods if you can. Here you can save money from the comfort of your home AND save the gas money.
4) Look to see if the online grocery retailers available in your area offer free shipping. Many times if you spend a certain amount on your groceries or household goods they will have this as an option—if they do, try to take advantage of it! (Just make sure you don’t over spend to take advantage of the shipping.)
6) Check out the grocery store’s website for their current deals and sales.
I hope these quick tips help! Now I want to know, what’s the best tip YOU have when it comes to saving on groceries?